Anything and everything clicks...

Collection of random rants and photos from my life experiences shared to the world.

trip 1 in 2008

Yup! back from another business trip to Miri and Bintulu.

I flew into Miri on the 12th Jan 2008 then me and my colleague drove his car down to Bintulu on the 16th of Jan and I flew back from Bintulu to Kuching on the 17th, while he drove himself back to Miri where he is stationed.

I was fortunate enough to have a good guide to bring me around in Miri. She showed me the sights, and brought be to the best places to dine. Well no one ever brought me around Miri for good food. So this trip, I felt much like a tourist, which is a good thing. Then can do as a tourist do X-D.

-day 1-

Right off the bat after checking into my cheap hotel she took me to eat noodles. Super oily but nice.

This actually feels like kampua?


Then she took me to Hawaii Beach. Its quite secluded in a sense as the road leading to it is quite hidden we had to drive up and down to find it. A small road hidden by the kampung. The beach was quite nice, but there was litter, typical Malaysian beach :-( we took some fotos and we left. For lunch we went to Nikko. A Japanese restaurant. Personally I seldom and rarely have the chance to eat Japanese food. I think last round was Yoshinoya in KL. Great beef bowls !

*nyam nyam* lonely sushi~

And then I went back to the hotel to rest a bit. Took a 2 hour nap. And it was dinner time! haha~ went to a seafood restaurant. Banyak fresh the food.

This is super delicious! Yummy!

After dinner, we went to a concert organized by the Miri Orchestra and Choir Society (MOCS). I have never been to such an event before. I must say it was quite enjoyable, but the annoying buzzing fan somewhere in the hall was annoying. MOCS are definately onto something, but the venue could have been better. Sound does not really expand in there. And the spectators are quite loud when they speak. kinda of annoying when your trying to appreciate something. Besides that to me, it was a good event.


After the concert finished we went for a drink and then headed back home. What a long day.

-day 2-
Woke up about 10am. Online for awhile, view photos from previous day outing. By noon I went to Imperial Mall which was opposite where I stayed. And met a fellow photography enthusiast from photomalaysia.com forum. Was suppose to meet two of them, but last minute the fellow had something to do.

*Imperial Mall*

We had coffee, talked about photography in Miri. Nice fellow. Hope to have a photo session with him soon.

So around 3 pm I went back to my hotel. rested a bit and by 4pm. Irene came by and picked me up and we went to the library. She said there are good views there. So off we went. Their library is really nice. Like modern art or something.


After that we went for dinner at Bintang area. I had a huge serving of mixed grill.

*nyam nyam*

So after that we parted ways as it was late, and the next day I had to work.

-day 3-

work work work.

After dinner with my colleague, Peter came by and we went for drinks at Ming Cafe. stay and chatted for a while and headed back. zz.z.... tired....zz....z...

-day 4-

After knocking off from work. Irene took me to Canada Hill to try and catch sunset. Well sad to say, there were many trees blocking the view so I could not catch the sunset at all haha. I got heaps of clouds tho. Have yet to process them.

*Piccolo Fratini*

Then we went to Piccolo Fratini... an Italian restaurant. Why ? Cos I had the urge for spaghetti.. thats why. Coincidentally, they had anniversary promo, sort of buy one free one kind of deal. All the better for us.

*Not too bad*

So after dinner, we went around looking at rich people houses. And went to Wings cafe. or bar or something. Peter joined us for drinks. Then Ghostie and his friend came by. Chatted till about 11pm and left.

-day 5-

Checked out. had to cancel my credit card, as I noticed the hotel staff copied by 3 digits on the back of the card. better safe than sorry. Still waiting for replacement card to arrive. sucks.

in anycase me and my colleague went to Bintulu after having breakfast.

This was how long it took us, and how much distance we covered. :) GPS is fun! So after checking in, we work work work.

and dinner~ we had

*friend chicken feet*

I have never liked it before. But I must say, this one is good. Every table in the shop ordered at least one serving! haha!

In anycase, the next day I checked out and flew back to Kuching. Upon arrival at the Bintulu airport, I realise something. It looks exactly like the airport in Miri! o.O" its like a photocopy!

I arrived 2 hours before flight. And guess what, there was no WiFi in the boarding area! This is the 1st time I have been to an airport without free WiFi access! Sheesh! So I had 2 hours to kill, I loaded up some series I have downlaoding before my trip and watched them.


whew that was a bloody long post!

time for bed!


Whoops. curious about who is Irene?

*This is her with my Nikon*